RSS

Monday, February 8, 2010

Book #2

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
By Francis Chan

Summary:

The premise of Crazy Love is pretty simple: When you see God for who He is and realize the crazy love He has for you, you can't help but respond in crazy love towards Him and radical living towards those around you. Francis Chan challenges the typical, comfortable lifestyle that's invaded the church, and pushes us as Christians to take Christ's commands literally, to really live radically for Him. 


What it Meant to Me:
To put it simply, this book has totally changed my life. I had always been confident that I loved God enough, served Him enough, gave enough money, knew who He was well enough. But in chapter four, Francis Chan describes the lukewarm Christian...and parts of the description matched my life too well. He counteracts this by taking a closer look at what Christ expects of His followers. It definitely shook up my comfortable Christian life, forced me to examine my relationship with my Savior, and left me wanting more of this love, to know more of this God, to be able to give Him more of me. 


Thanks to
Lauren (age 15)
Oregon

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love this book! I almost submitted it myself! :) God has used it in incredible ways in my life and in the lives of many around me. Almost my whole church recently finished studying this book (in numerous small groups) and we're starting to see its effects as so many people are realizing Whom it is that they are really serving, who they are in light of His glory and love, and what they should be doing as a natural response to God's incredible love for them! It's really awesome!

Jennifer

Post a Comment